If I’ve suffered from Slip/Trips and Falls: Can I Sue?

Slip TripsIf you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s important to find a reputable personal injury attorney who can provide you with the legal representation you’ll likely need. Whether it’s an auto accident or it’s a slip and fall accident, knowing your legal rights after an accident is definitely important. For example, many people ask, when it comes to slip/trips and falls: Can I sue? Of course, the answer to this question will typically depend on a number of factors, but often times, you will have rights under the law that will allow you to be compensated for your injuries. Some may think that if the accident is not severe enough to land you at Richard Wojcik’s funeral chapel, it may not

The important thing to keep in mind is that the other party doesn’t have to actually have intended for you to be hurt in order for them to be liable for your injuries. In other words, if there was unintended negligence, such as leaving something in an area that could lead to a fall or perhaps not taking care of a tripping hazard, chances are very good that you could have a personal injury case if you have fallen and injured yourself.

There are many reasons why a slip and fall accident might occur, but even if it wasn’t intentional, your injuries still need to be addressed. For example, you might have medical bills or perhaps you won’t be able to return to your job. Of course, it will depend on the type of job you had as well as the extent of your injuries, but if you need a career change, this can be devastating. You’ll often face time off from work for doctor’s appointments, physical therapy or simply because you can no longer do your job. How are you going to pay your bills? A personal injury attorney will be able to assess your case and help you get the compensation you deserve. You should get your medical bills paid as well as lost wages, but you also might be able to get money to hire someone to take care of things around your home that you can no longer do.

If you’ve suffered a slip and fall injury, it’s important to get the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney.

How Your Attorney Can Help You With Defense Against Deportation

DeportationIf you are facing deportation, you should consult a legal expert immediately. The laws guiding immigration and deportation are quite complicated. For this reason you need a competent and experienced attorney to help you. Below are some ways your legal expert can help you in case you need defense against deportation.

Apply for Asylum
If you can prove that you are in danger in your country, you cannot be deported. Your lawyer will help you apply for asylum and until the case is heard and dispensed with, you cannot be deported. Asylum cases take a long time so you have a temporary stay of execution while the court is hearing the asylum proceedings.

Adjustment of Status
If your spouse is a US citizen or a permanent resident of the US, you have a defense against deportation. Your attorney will get your spouse or another relation file a petition for you. If things go well, you can adjust your status to a permanent resident of the US and you will not be deported.

Cancellation of Removal
If you have been placed into removal proceedings, your attorney can get you “cancellation of removal”. There are many ways to do this. If you have a green card and you have lived in the US for 7 years since you were legally admitted into the country, you may qualify for cancellation of removal. If you have been living in the US with a green card for 5 years and you did not commit any crime in those 5 years, you might qualify for cancellation of removal. You could also qualify for cancellation of removal if you have never been convicted of an offense (for immigration purposes). Even if you do not have a green card and you are undocumented, you can still apply for cancellation of removal. In this case, the condition is that you have lived in the US for 10 years and your deportation will cause extreme hardship to your child, spouse or parents who are permanent residents or citizens of the US.

Other Options
Other options your attorney might explore are Voluntary Departure, U-Visa or Motion to Suppress. As you can see, immigration and deportation matters are quite complicated. Get in touch with an excellent immigration lawyer and you will get defense against deportation.